10.6.09

Palace Bakery

So through this summer term of procrastination (something very unusual in the otherwise hectic life of an architecture student) I have been coming up with other ways to keep busy, other than going out and spending money that I don't have! First, I joined the swimming centre and as part of my new fitness regime I went 5 times... the last time was about three weeks ago though...

More popular, with both myself and my housemates/guinea pigs, have been my baked creations...


I started off with some simple sponge fairy cakes; I had forgotten how easy they are to make. Basically cream together 110g marg with 110g sugar, add and mix in 2 large eggs and lastly fold in 110g self raising flour. Put the mixture into some cases and pop em in the oven for about 20mins!


I like to make mine look pretty so used butter icing which is just 1 part marg to 2 parts icing sugar mixed together with a drop or two of food colouring or cocoa powder added. A few sprinkles on top - beautiful!

I've also made rock cakes: 100g marg rubbed in with 200g flour (like making breadcrumbs) then just add all the other ingredients, 75g sugar, 200g sultanas/raisins and 1 egg. Roll them into balls, pop em on a baking tray and stick em in the oven! And viola...


And I think they all went down pretty well too...

No comments:

Post a Comment