31.8.09

Notting Hill Carnival

Today a bunch of my friends and I went to the carnival in Notting Hill, the biggest in Europe so I hear! We had a brilliant day, the atmosphere was incredible... music, dancing, colour, parade, costumes, Caribbean food! Twas fantastic... we were all taken miles away!
I've spent a lot of time in London town over the last few weeks and I've realised what a wealth of culture and activity we have on our doorstep here! On Friday I went to the National Portrait Gallery to see the BP Portrait Awards (and glimpsed Twiggy who was there!) Some of the portraits you would never believe have been painted, they look like photographs! My particulary fav was Maggie by Sue Rubira. About 1m in height, it had such a presence in the room.My friend Ree and I also popped along to the V&A to see the Telling Tales exhibition on Design Art which focuses on art based furniture. The chairs especially are going to be inspiration for my dissertation this year!

There's sooo much to see, definitely go see it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment