24.12.09

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...


It's Christmas Eve! The house is all decked out and I'm excited tomorrow to be seeing the entire family (we'll be doing a mini road trip road Surrey to see the little cousins and the new baby!) I find it so funny how the sparkle of Christmas isn't the same now that your're older but it's great to be with the family.

The other evening, my school girls family got together for Christmas dinner as we do every year, a time for catching up on all the gossip and escapades we have been up to in our different corners of the country- as you can see we get deeply caught up in conversation! I baked a cranberry and passionfruit pavlova as I'd seen Nigella Lawson make on TV the night before and Ma happens to have the recipe book! I used cranberries instead of raspberries as clearly everyone had seen the programme because the supermarket had sold out! Also Jamie Oliver has had a Family Christmas programme. I find he is so funny and charasmatic, plus he was being helped out by his nan and little daughter, all of which are the sweetest!

Anyway, Merry Christmas! Eat, drink, relax and be merry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment