13.3.11

Affordable Art

On Thursday after work we went to the Affordable Art Fair in Battersea Park, where there was such a variety of exhibits from paintings to photography to sculpture. Above are my favourites there, by Dionne Sievewright. They have a naivety to them, with the subject of the cottages in elevation but the foreground fields or beach in plan (as an architectural student, it's something I spotted!)

Others that caught my eye included:
John Kenny - African tribal portraits
James Sparshatt - Latin American photography
Cyril Croucher - exaggerated buildings
Odette Farrell - human landscapes

Image from Terry Kirkwood

2 comments:

  1. These are beaUTIFUL! I especially love the second one. Magic colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was one at the exhibition with a pink sky which I particularly loved!

    ReplyDelete