24.9.12

London v Manchester

Over the last few weeks I have been absorbing the art and culture of the two cities. In London I wasn't too sure about Herzog & de Meuron's Serpentine Pavilion - it just felt so dark "inside"or underneath but the flexible use of space and varied seating arrangements were clever. I also checked out the Heatherwick Studio: Designing the Extraordinary exhibition at the V&A. Seemingly crammed into a small room, there was so much to see from furniture to architecture to vehicle design. It really got me back in the mood for studying and thinking about the collaborative designer I want to be. Back in Manchester I love seeing the paintings of Lowry at the Manchester Art Gallery and we had fun in the kaleidoscope of the interactive exhibition space.

No comments:

Post a Comment