16.12.13

Ginger Biscuits

When we were little, Mum would give us chocolates to hang on the tree, and if we were peckish after school, Al and I would sneak into the lounge and nibble away at one. Every tree needs something edible and so I made some gingerbread decorations over the weekend. I used this recipe with some adaption, adding more golden syrup instead of black treacle and replaced the separate cinnamon and cloves for ground mixed spice. The finished cookies have a lovely ginger flavour and aren't too spicy. I tried out cooking batches for different lengths of time; the longer the better (though don't let them burn) as they biscuits crisp up nicely and don't go soggy and fall off the tree... I've got some dough left over in the fridge so I'll make another batch later on in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment