14.1.14

Peek at Pinterest: Klimt

Aqua: Portrait of Amalie Zuckerkandl (unfinished) 1917; Swell by Antoine Rose; artwork by John Hoyland; floral headband by whichgoose on etsy

Orange: Portrait of Fritza Riedler 1906; Mirasol Sami yarn in Canyon; clothing by Samuji; knit hat by Muita Ihania

Grey: Portrait of Hermine Gallia 1903; Interior by Ellinor Störby | photo by Magnus Carlsson; flowers by Lourdes Sanchez; Dina shoes in Shark by Dieppa Restrepo

Hours could be spend collecting images and scrolling the long lengths of the Pinterest boards. Sometimes I seem, inadvertently, to collect images one after the other from different sources with such similar colourings, or I used it to find precedents for projects at work and at home. So I'm starting a series on this here blog called Peek at Pinterest to look back on the pictures I've collected.

The Sunday before last I went with Ben and Rehan to the National Gallery's Facing the Modern: Portrait of Vienna 1900 exhibition. Ever since I went to Vienna a couple of years back and saw some original works of Klimt I have been a massive fan. My particular favourites are Portrait of Fritza Riedler (above middle) and the Water Serpents I. The aspect of this works I love are the delicate feminine portraits teamed with abstract and geometric backdrops sometimes flecked with gold - such a contrast!

No comments:

Post a Comment